Month-1: Electricity & Magnetism
Fun with magnets:
Test materials and categorize them into magnetic and non-magnetic material
Make a magnet float in air & understand poles of a magnet & their behavior
Make a pencil levitation model to understand:
• Poles of a ring & solid magnets
• Application of magnets in real life – Maglev trains.
Make a Magneto Tracer that traces a metallic object using magnetic induction
Electric current & its effects:
Make an electromagnetic crane to understand:
• Magnetic effects of Electric current – Electromagnetism
• Real life applications of Electromagnetism
• Dependence of electromagnetic strength on number of turns, batteries, material used as core.
Make a simple electric circuit using Nichorme wire to understand about heating effects of electric current.
Month-2: Light & its properties
Light – Image & object:
Make a model to understand the properties of convex and concave mirrors – Diverging and Converging.
Make a model to understand the properties of image formed by a plane mirror.
Make a ray optics set up to learn and understand what is an object, image and screen
How to capture an image on the screen using a biconvex lens?
Make different colours (secondary and tertiary) using primary colours.
Light, shadows & reflection:
Make a pinhole camera to understand about:
• rectilinear propagation of light
• formation of an image on the screen when light passes through a pin hole
Make a projector to differentiate opaque, transparent and translucent objects by passing light through them.
Make a periscope to see how submarines use reflection through mirrors to view objects that are above the sea level.
Month-3: Force & Energy
Force, pressure & area:
Make a hydraulic jack and projectile launcher to understand:
• Relation between force, pressure and area – Pascal’s law
• Force transmission in fluids (liquids and gases)
• Basics of projectile motion
Make a hydraulic disc brake system & understand its working
Make a friction feed model to see how rollers in printers work to move the paper
Use lubricants (grease, powder) to see how they reduce friction between surfaces
Learn how ball bearings reduce friction by converting sliding friction to rolling friction
Month-4: Junior Chemisty Mystery
Chemical effects of electric current:
Make a miniature electroplating unit to see:
• copper deposition on iron nail
• Real life application of electroplating.
Acids, bases & salts;Physical & chemical changes:
Make your own mini chemistry lab and perform tests for:
• Understanding physical change and chemical changes
• Understanding Acids and Bases and ways to identify them.
• Understand the function of an indicator and finding the strength of acids and bases by performing titration
Sound – Vibrations:
Make a sound instrument – musical balloon – and a vibration detector to understand:
• Difference between frequency and amplitude
• How to change frequency and amplitude of sound in an instrument.
Make a toy telephone to understand how sound travels through solids
Sound – Frequency & amplitude:
Make a wave generator to understand:
• Characteristics of sound wave – frequency, wavelength, amplitude
• Relation between frequency and wavelength
Pressure & density in a sound wave
Propagation of a sound wave through a medium as a longitudinal wave
Month-6: Plant & Animal Fibres
Fibre to Fabric – Animal fibres:
Play a game to understand different processes involved in the extraction of wool (from sheep to wool)
Make a silk extractor to understand the process of silk extraction from artificial cocoons
Fibre to fabric – Plant fibres:
Unweave a cloth to understand its weaving pattern
Make yarn from fibre by hand
Make your own yarn spinning machine & understand advantages of spinning and twisting