Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Month-1: Electricity & Magnetism
Fun with magnets:
- Test materials and categorize them into magnetic and non-magnetic material
- Make a magnet float in air & understand poles of a magnet & their behavior
- Make a pencil levitation model to understand:
• Poles of a ring & solid magnets
• Application of magnets in real life – Maglev trains.
- Make a Magneto Tracer that traces a metallic object using magnetic induction
Electric current & its effects:
- Make an electromagnetic crane to understand:•
- Magnetic effects of Electric current – Electromagnetism
- Real life applications of Electromagnetism
- Dependence of electromagnetic strength on number of turns, batteries, material used as core.
- Make a simple electric circuit using Nichorme wire to understand about heating effects of electric current.
Month-2: Light & its properties
Light – Image & object:
- Make a model to understand the properties of convex and concave mirrors – Diverging and Converging.
- Make a model to understand the properties of image formed by a plane mirror.
- Make a ray optics set up to learn and understand what is an object, image and screen
- How to capture an image on the screen using a biconvex lens?
- Make different colours (secondary and tertiary) using primary colours.
Light, shadows & reflection:
- Make a pinhole camera to understand about:
• rectilinear propagation of light
• formation of an image on the screen when light passes through a pin hole
- Make a projector to differentiate opaque, transparent and translucent objects by passing light through them.
- Make a periscope to see how submarines use reflection through mirrors to view objects that are above the sea level.
Month-3: Force & Energy
Force, pressure & area:
- Make a hydraulic jack and projectile launcher to understand:
• Relation between force, pressure and area – Pascal’s law
• Force transmission in fluids (liquids and gases)
• Basics of projectile motion
- Make a hydraulic disc brake system & understand its working
- Make a friction feed model to see how rollers in printers work to move the paper
- Use lubricants (grease, powder) to see how they reduce friction between surfaces
- Learn how ball bearings reduce friction by converting sliding friction to rolling friction