Air around us – Vacuum Cleaner
Build the model of a miniature vacuum cleaner to understand:
• Air can push as well as pull things – using fan
• Real life application of properties of air
• Air is present everywhere and lack of it leads to sucking of things.
• Introduction low pressure and high pressure (HOTS)
• Make a mini shooter and a balloon balance to understand that air can exert force and air has weight.
Introduction to force
Make a parachute to understand:
• Air drag and gravity as forces.
• Relationship between weight of the person and size of the parachute.
Solve a maze puzzle using magnets
Create static charges by rubbing different materials to experience electrostatic force
Do a series of experiments to see effects of a force applied on a object