How Stuff Works
Air around us - Vacuum Cleaner:
- Build the model of a miniature vacuum cleaner to understand:
- Air can push as well as pull things – using fan
- Real life application of properties of air
- Air is present everywhere and lack of it leads to sucking of things.
- Introduction low pressure and high pressure (HOTS)
- Make a mini shooter and a balloon balance to understand that air can exert force and air has weight.
Introduction to force:
- Make a parachute to understand:
• Air drag and gravity as forces.
• Relationship between weight of the person and size of the parachute.
- Solve a maze puzzle using magnets
- Create static charges by rubbing different materials to experience electrostatic force
- Do a series of experiments to see effects of a force applied on a object
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.