Did you see your grandmother or mother knitting a woollen sweater or woollen cap? Where does that wool come from? A sheep! Do you know how wool is obtained from a sheep?
Did you know that silk is obtained from a silkworm cocoon?
Do you know that we get fibre form Animals too? Can you think of few Animals from where we obtain raw materials to make clothes?
The process of rearing and obtaining silk fibre from silk worm cocoons is called sericulture. Are you curious to learn how sericulture is done?
Grab this exciting kit to extract silk from artificial cocoons and play a fun game on wool processing with many more activities.
- DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build models & play game.
- Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map – Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.