Month-1: Light & its Mysteries
Make your own Kaleidoscope and understand:
• Symmetry through reflections in mirrors
• How patterns are created by multiple reflections.
Do an exercise using a plane mirror to find lines of symmetry of different shapes
Build a model with a light source, object and screen to understand:
• How shadows are formed?
• Know the effect of changing object distance on size of the shadow formed
Build a model to see how change in angle of light changes the length of the shadow formed
Identify the shape of the object by seeing its shadow
Month-2: Solar System
Natural phenomena – phases of moon:
Make different models to understand:
• Formation of days & night
• Formation of different phases of moon
• Formation of eclipses
Earth is oval!
Make a model of earth, sun and moon to understand difference between rotation and revolution.
Make a model of earth and observe the effect of rotation on it that gives earth an ‘egg’ like shape.
Month-3: How Stuff Works
Air around us – Vacuum Cleaner:
Build the model of a miniature vacuum cleaner to understand:
• Air can push as well as pull things – using fan
• Real life application of properties of air
• Air is present everywhere and lack of it leads to sucking of things.
• Introduction low pressure and high pressure (HOTS)
• Make a mini shooter and a balloon balance to understand that air can exert force and air has weight.
Introduction to force:
Make a parachute to understand:
• Air drag and gravity as forces.
• Relationship between weight of the person and size of the parachute.
Solve a maze puzzle using magnets
Create static charges by rubbing different materials to experience electrostatic force
Do a series of experiments to see effects of a force applied on a object