Build a working DC Motor to demonstrate application of Electromagnetism | School Science Projects
- Make a straight conductor and observe its magnetic effect on a compass.
- Make a circular conductor and observe its magnetic effect on a compass.
- Make a solenoid and find the direction of magnetic field in and around it using a compass.
- Make a working model of a DC motor and understand its working.
DIY – How to Make Electromagnetic Crane | School Science Project
- Electromagnetic crane is one of the favorite science projects for children.
- There are many ways to build this model, here we are showing a model which can move in a circular fashion once it is made.
- Once the model is made it can be tested by changing different parameters like number of turns in the coil, variation in voltage ( more batteries or eliminator can be used).
- Check for the magnetic field being created near the coil using a compass.
- It is a recommended project for grade 7 students for understanding Effects of electric current.
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.