Fun with magnets
Test materials and categorize them into magnetic and non-magnetic material
Make a magnet float in air & understand poles of a magnet & their behavior
Make a pencil levitation model to understand:
• Poles of a ring & solid magnets
• Application of magnets in real life – Maglev trains.
Make a Magneto Tracer that traces a metallic object using magnetic induction.
Electric current & its effects
Make an electromagnetic crane to understand:
• Magnetic effects of Electric current – Electromagnetism
• Real life applications of Electromagnetism
• Dependence of electromagnetic strength on number of turns, batteries, material used as core.
Make a simple electric circuit using Nichorme wire to understand about heating effects of electric current.