Did you know that there is no sound in space! The loudest natural sound produced on earth is that of an erupting volcano. Flies are not able to hear any sounds at all. The scientific study of sound is known as acoustics.
Let’s explore this fascinating entity named ‘sound’ with three amazing activities!
- Sound is produced by vibrations
- Sound is a longitudinal wave
- Pressure and density of a sound wave
- Properties of sound wave: Amplitude, frequency and wavelength
- How does sound travel?
- Sound Wave – Wave length and Frequency
- Wave Generator – Frequency and wavelength
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.