Did you know that the wheel & axle was invented 5000 years ago and is considered as one of the most important inventions in the history of human kind. The idea of simple machines was first coined by Archimedes, a Greek philosopher about 2500 years ago.
With six fun filled activities understand the working of simple machines!
- Simple Machines: Definition, Identification & Uses
- Pulleys: Fixed and Movable
- How do pulleys reduce effort
- Gears and their uses
- Wheels and axle
- Fixed Pulley
- How do pulleys reduce Effort
- Small gear and big gear combo
- Make a gear toy! Happy or sad
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.