Did You Know that the sunlight that we see on Earth actually left the Sun ten minutes before? Plants are green because they reflect green light and absorb the other colours for photosynthesis. So if you keep the plant under green light alone, it will die!
With this fun filled DIY kit let’s understand some of the properties of light with seven awesome activities.
- Light & it’s sources
- Types of materials based on light
- Properties of shadows
- Rectilinear propagation of light i.e. Light travels in straight lines
- Reflection of light: mirrors & irregular surfaces
- Test for transparent, opaque & translucent objects
- Do all objects form shadows?
- Can you guess size of an objects from its shadow
- Can you guess the shape of an object from its shadow?
- How are images formed in (pin hole) camera?
- Surface roughness & reflection
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.