Did you know that the very first clock made called the sundial used shadows to predict the time of the day? The first person who calculated the size of the planet earth with high degree of accuracy, did so with the help of simple geometric equations and measurements of shadows over 2000 years ago.
Let’s demystify the concept of shadows with three fun filled activities!
- Light & Discoverers of Light
- Understanding Shadows
- Size, Shape & Colour of Shadows
- Does light pass through all objects?
- Make a Projector
- Same Object – Different length of shadows, Why?
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.