Air all around us! All living beings need air for survival. It is made up of not only many gases, but also water in the form of moisture and tiny dust particles. Though we cannot see it, air has weight and exhibits important properties.
Ever tried to invert a mug and push into a bucket filled with water and wondered why you just can’t seem to push it down however hard you try? We all heard about hurricanes and tornadoes plucking trees and causing havoc! That’s air pushing us!
In this fun and exciting DIY Kit let’s understand air and its properties as we make a mini vacuum cleaner, a fan and perform other awesome activities!
Suggested age – For 9+ year olds
Did you know that the vacuum cleaner technology laid the foundation for hair dryers in 2th century? Air is constantly pushing down on you. As you go higher the amount of air pushing it decreases and thus the air pressure decreases.
Let’s learn about air and its properties with five fun filled activities!
- Introduction to Air
- Properties of Air: Air occupies space, has weight and can push things
- Working of a vacuum cleaner
- Air occupies space
- Air has weight
- Air can push things
- Vacuum Cleaner
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.