Did you know that, the Calvaria Tree seeds stopped sprouting after the Dodo bird got extinct? How is the germination of seed related to a bird? What is the relationship between them?
Dodo bird fed on fruits of Calvaria Tree. These fruits had seeds which are protected by a tough coat. The gizzard of Dodo bird was extremely stony and it could pound off the tough coat and undigested seeds came out through the faeces. Only these seeds that the capacity to germinate.
Sound interesting right! Grab this kit to learn more about wild life and its conservation through fun activities!
- Introduction – Understanding the terms Biosphere, Ecosystem and Biodiversity.
- Consequences of Deforestation.
- Conservation of Plants & Animals.
- Conservation status of Animals.
- Play the Human vs. Wild game to understand:
- Various ways to conserve wildlife – Sanctuary, National park, Biosphere Reserve etc
- Conservation status of animals – Red data book.
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.