Did you know that winnowing was used in agriculture since ancient times to separate rice from its husk? The process of decantation is used to extract gold ore from river beds since a very long time. Painting uses the separation process of evaporation. The liquid gets evaporated leaving the colour pigment behind.
Let’s learn about the different techniques of separation with five fun filled activities!
- Why should we separate substances?
- Different ways of separating mixtures based on their physical properties
- Sieving & Winnowing
- Sedimentation, Decantation
DIY Materials: Child friendly materials to build working models and conduct activities
Activity Book that includes:
- Colourful illustrations to guide a child through model making process.
- Observation questions that help develop important critical skills like” attention to right detail” thereby developing scientific temper.
- Exercise questions to test your child’s understanding of the concepts.
- Concept map -Entire topic summarised in one page with pictorial representations.
Makes LEARNING FUN & enables DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS.
Enables 21st century skills of INNOVATION & PROBLEM SOLVING through Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
Triggers CURIOSITY & ignites the spark of Science and CREATIVITY in your child.
Improves ATTENTION SPAN & PERSEVERANCE among children in this fast paced world of instant gratification
Increases MOTIVATION TO LEARN.