Did you ever wonder why there are so many types of bird beaks and claws? This activity will help the student understand why different birds have different type of beaks and claws.
1. Correlating names and pictures of different birds
2. Understanding different beaks and their use
3. Understanding different types of claws and their use
Through the activity, the student will :
1. Describe the type of food a particular bird eats based on beak and claw design.
2. Identify at least two other physical features that connect birds to the habitats they live in.
3. Encourage students in Ornithology (study of birds) and in making careful observations about the birds’ feet and beaks.
Each Kit Contains:
1. 20 Flash cards containing names of different birds
2. 6 different components to make Coloured wheel containing information about Bird beaks and claws
3. Multicolour workbook containing:
a. Detailed explanation on how to conduct the activity
b. 20+ exercise problems